Monday, April 23, 2012

BFA(sshole)

I got into the BFA.  I am now a Big Fucking Actor.  And I kind of feel like shit about it.  ...I don't feel like I deserved it. I pretty much feel like I got the good side of favoritism.

My issue with favoritism:
  • In high school, my drama teacher loved me.  She was absolutely crazy about me.  So I got parts in plays.... Without really even trying....  I HATE THAT!  I never felt accomplished about my auditions.  My senior year, I was able to go to the UTA conference with my school.  They had auditions for colleges there that seniors could go to.  My school could only take three seniors.  So my teacher held auditions for the seniors to get one of the three slots.  Four of us tried out.  We got to watch each others auditions.  Three of us (including me) got the slots.  The best actress out of all of us did not get the slot.  Why? She wasn't a favorite.  She had a BRILLIANT audition; some of the greatest acting I have ever seen. (including after seeing some of the acting in college)  I was going to let her have my spot, but I didn't.  I'm still mad at myself for that. I felt like I wasn't talented and I was riding off of being liked by a teacher. 
This is how I feel right now.  Peter likes me. I spend time in his office. (not to suck up, I hate being that guy) I feel like I got in purely because of that factor... There are a ton more people that put more work into it and deserved it more than I did... Or at least that's how I feel about it. 

I probably sound like an ungrateful bastard right now.

Friends say I got in because I worked hard... But still......meh.

I hope this is why I got it. I REALLY hope so....

1 comment: